* This call is now Closed*
If you are interested in taking on a role jurying Gallery 44 Main Gallery and Proof open calls we are looking for two new Exhibition Programming Committee members to start in May 2022. This role falls within the usual member volunteering commitment.
About the Exhibition Programming Committee (EPC):
- The EPC meets 3-4 times per year.
- The EPC reviews submissions for exhibitions and participates in the selection process
Members of the EPC may participate on sub-committees or other selection processes, which support EPC programming such as the Proof jury (once per year), Ontario Arts Council Exhibition Assistance Grants jury (twice per year) and special calls for submissions.
- The EPC also reviews applications and selects incoming EPC committee members.
- The EPC represents Gallery 44 in the Toronto artistic community and abroad, which includes: promoting, attending, and assisting at Gallery 44 openings and exhibition related events; sharing G44’s calls for submissions and soliciting submissions; reading, promoting, and suggesting writers for G44’s exhibition catalogues
- Committee members are required to maintain confidentiality in all matters, while fully disclosing any conflict of interest and/or artistic activities that may be viewed as a conflict of interest to the gallery.
No previous experience required. Please send a brief cover letter outlining your interest and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.