Gallery 44’s annual fundraiser Salon 44 is going online!
Due to the continued provincial restrictions on gatherings, we will be moving our annual fundraising exhibition online. Taking place in March, Salon 44 brings together an incredible collection of established and emerging artists with works priced for both new and seasoned collectors alike. As a non-profit, artist-run centre and community organization, Gallery 44 relies on this fundraiser to support Proof, our annual exhibition of photo-based work by Canadian emerging artists, and our award-winning education programs for youth in underserved communities. This year, we are excited be working with Tatum Dooley as co-chair of the event.
Members are encouraged to submit 1-2 artworks for consideration for the fundraiser. A jury will select the artworks for inclusion in Salon 44 based on interest and feedback from our fundraiser audience and supporters.
Community: Tatum Dooley, Salon 44 Co-Chair and Independent Curator
G44: Maegan Broadhurst, Head of Communications and Development, Darren Rigo, Head of Membership and Facilities
What to expect with Salon 44 moving online?
- Salon 44 will be limited to an online webstore much like the website we successfully used last year.
- A smaller number of artworks will be selected than in previous years to streamline the webstore in order to highlight each work and make for an easy user experience. Despite limited online space, we try to be inclusive of as many members and works as possible.
- The sale will consist of unframed prints. It is NOT required to frame the work this year.
- Participating artists will NOT be required to print their work in advance and drop it off at the gallery.
- If your artwork sells you will be contacted and asked to print the work and drop it off at the gallery AFTER Salon 44 ends.
Please use the online form below to apply.
Submission forms are tailored to single artwork submissions, but members may each submit up to two artworks, by making two separate web form submissions. Please submit your professional website or Instagram, the jury may review these platforms and may suggest alternative works to participate in Salon 44.
Please contact Maegan Broadhurst with any questions,
416.979.3941 (Tue, Wed)
1. Do you have any tips for applying or selecting my artwork?
We recommend submitting new work (2018-2020). The jury is open to reviewing a wide range of approaches to the medium. Please do not submit artworks that have previously been included in the fundraiser.
2. Why do I have to submit to a jury?
Jurying artworks for inclusion in a fundraiser is standard industry practice. Our goal is not to exclude members from the fundraiser. We want to work with the members to find the best possible work to include in this specific fundraiser so we can maximize our sales which ensures we can support our growing programming needs.
3. When can I expect to hear from the jury?
You should expect a response via email by mid-December.