Calling all emerging BIPOC photographers! Want to develop your technical skills? Business savvy? Visual storytelling? Learn one-on-one with a professional photographer in this experimental mentorship program!
Mentorship period: June 1 – August 30, 2021
5 mentorships available
$500 honorarium paid to mentees
How It Works
- Apply: Tell us about yourself and what you want to learn! Anything goes!
- Get Matched: We will review applications and pair you up with an experienced professional photographer from our network.
- Make a Work Plan: Work together with us to plan how you will advance your photography practice.
- Create, Learn, Grow: Work with your mentor on your plan with free production space and equipment rentals from Gallery 44!
- Give Us Feedback: Let us know how your mentorship goes. We will check in with you during and after your mentorship to create resources for future mentorships programs at G44, BPM and more.
What You Get
- One-on-one mentorship with a mid-career/established professional photographer
- Choose what you want to learn and design your own work plan to go at your own pace
- A $500 (CAD) honorarium
- Free Day Membership at Gallery 44 free access to all of Gallery 44’s production space and equipment.
- Access to portfolio reviews, seminars, and workshops at our OUTREACH Symposium for emerging photographers in November 2021
PS. We will have a second round of mentorships coming in the fall! Stay tuned. Follow @bipocphotomentorship on Instagram for more mentorship opportunities.