Gallery 44’s photographic production facility proudly maintains traditional practices of photography. Gallery 44’s black and white darkroom facility is fully equipped with various negative carriers, lenses, easels, trays and is equipped to accommodate archival silver gelatin printing and historical processes. We are outfitted with nine Omega D series enlargers that are capable of printing up to 4" x 5" negatives and 30" x 40" prints, we also have one 8" x 10" enlarger with a cold light head.
Our second darkroom has ten 5' bench spaces available for rent for $100/month. Members' must supply their own equipment. Contact the Head of Membership to get on the wait list for this space.
UV Exposure Box
Our 24" x 48" UV exposure box allows for consistent contact printing for historical processes at the same rate as darkroom use. 8 x 10" and 11" x 14" contact frames available. Bookings should include darkroom sinks if needed (included in UV Box rate).
À la Carte Chemistry
You can buy all basic chemistry in any amount from us à la carte. Here’s how it works:
- There is a bin labelled "G44 Chemistry A la Carte” in the Teaching Darkroom under enlarger #7.
- In the bin we have film developer, paper developer, stop, fix, photo-flo and a binder with records and info sheets.
- Use what you need and record it in the table in the binder.
- We will add the charges to your invoice for darkroom use at the end of the month.
- Please be sure to measure accurately and close the bottle lids tightly, its a cooperative project!